Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Power of a Shout

The Word of God says, "Come, let us sing for joy to the Lordl let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation" (Psalm 95:1). There is great power in a shout. A shout commands attention. A shout is prophetic and faith building; a shout calls things that are not as though they werer. A shout demonstrates and passion. A shout changes the atmosphere.
God's Word tells us to shout. "Shout to God with the voice of triumph and songs of joy!" (Psalm 47:1). "Shout for joy" (Psalm 98:3). Isaiah 26:19 says,"Wake up and shout." it doesn't say wake up and shot at your kids. It does say to wake up and shout for joy!
When I am leading worship, I don't shout to get people excited or "hyped up." When I shout, I am encouraging people to put action to their faith. A shout of joy changes the atmosphere over our lives. Praise is not an angry shout; it's a faith-filled shout! I am a singing teacher's worst nightmare because I strain my voice continually before I start singing. I get excited in the prayer meeting as we lay hold of God and shout His praise!
I want to go into every service full of expectation to see people's lives changed to reflect His grace in their lives. I want people to sing a new song. I want those who are sad to learn to shout! I want those who are timid to shout for joy. I want to help people see the Father, help them to "taste and see that the Lord is good." That is the power of a shout. I want everyone to know the power of a shout to the Lord
"The Lord their God is with them; the shout of the King is among them" (Numbers 23:21).

Reference: Extravagant Worship by Darlene Zschech, page 63

Listen: Shout To The Lord

No comments: